People all over the world in different places should get access to their specific community needs. Since there is a great demand for providing mental health services, people should be able to access information as to what they should expect. It can be handed out to them from local newspapers, magazines, television, radios, websites, and other means that information can be passed through. The advocacy for mental health assistance can help nurture not only the welfare of the community population but the health care system as well.
Things To Ponder
- There must be an organized movement for the awareness and improvement of mental health in areas that didn’t gain the momentum of assistance. The community is responsible for contributing alternative ways to provide for the people who are in need. The local, state and national levels must join forces in keeping up with the different types of assistance they can provide for people. This way, the health care system might be able to address its insufficient contribution to the population.
- The access to information when it comes to mental health conditions must be handed out to people in a more detailed and organized procedure. Talking about it will not make them understand it very well, and some individuals might end up not wanting to have better health due to informational inconsistencies. However, if specific health departments can spare time to promote particular health literacy and create a policy that will support the administration of health and services, then the continued mental health advocacy increases public mental health awareness.
- With the help of proper administration from the different types of community, people can enjoy the benefits of healthcare resources. The healthcare system must disregard inequality that tackles race, gender, age, and status. All people should access the mental health care services, regardless of which community he or she belongs. There should be a current effort in focusing on how to increase the workforce for social welfare as well. This way, administrators can find alternative ways to address the mental health care system’s incompetence.
- There are imbalances of mental resources everywhere. It causes a lot of complication not only to people who can’t access it but also to those who can. Although some community offers availability and assistance, still not all of them are capable of catering an immediate response due to the number of privileged people who need particular mental health services.
- Mental health professionals complain about the inconsistency of mental health care systems in different communities. It doesn’t only limit them to use fully functional equipment, but it also provides them with lesser salary and benefits. However, the good thing is that some agencies offer educational benefits, reimbursement programs, and bonuses for those mental health professionals who somehow lose the interest in working with locations that have limited access.
- Due to the large population, many mental health care experts choose to work in the city. It allows them to have a broader scope of job opportunities where they grow a private practice and build an ongoing network of clients. Therefore, the advocacy for mental health assistance should also consider creating more jobs in rural areas to be able to maintain the balance between mental health services and the people’s need.
The health care system needs to continue finding ways because there is still more work to do. The limited access to mental health services is an issue that all sectors of the community are responsible for. And even though the advocacy has been ongoing for an extended period, we can, unfortunately, tell that many individuals still suffer from inadequate mental health assistance for many reasons. Nonetheless, giving up with the system and people is still not an option.